Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I turn 30 years old
- As this posts I’m at a conference presenting two papers
- I’m just about ready to finish my second year of graduate school
- Husband and I have grown immensely since the beginning of the year
- We continue to live with two single guys for one more year in hopes of paying off all of our debt before we get pregnant (hopefully by the end of the year)
- I’m planning a sweet trip with three of my favorite ladies in the world this summer to celebrate 30 and to have one last girls’ trip prior to starting a family
- The plan for this summer is as little work as possible as it’s the last one I’ll ever have “to myself”
This project was a good way to reflect on world events and the events of my life. I’ve recently been convicted by how much of my life has been lived for myself rather than the Gospel. I’ve been blessed in so many abundant ways–marriage, friendships, church, school, and work. Sometimes I’ve used those blessings to glorify Him, but too often I’ve used them to glorify myself. I’m thankful for the past 30 years and the ways God used them to grow me. I look forward to 30 more and all that I’m blessed to take part in.