Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I turn 29 years old
- I finish my first year of graduate school
- We go back to CA for the first time since moving–we went back two times this year
- Husband and I both (separately) feel God tell us we are supposed to have a child–something we completely did not want previously
- We join a new church, and I grow more during the last half of this year and beginning of the next than I had in a long time
- My last living grandparent dies just after Christmas–he was such a great man.
- We go on “vacation” with a friend from graduate school to get some training in using defensive handguns. The trip falls over our 6th wedding anniversary.
- I go to Arkansas to visit my sweet speech team friend from college and her wonderful daughter.
Some historical tidbits from Wikipedia, so who knows if they’re right. Historical Facts:
- Higgs Boson advancements
- Hurricane Sandy
- #1 movie at the box office: The Avengers
- Oscar for best picture: Argo
- Billboard’s #1 song: Somebody that I Used to Know–Gotye
- Grammy Song of the year: Rolling in the Deep–Adele