Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I turn 28 years old
- We enjoy a last summer in CA and do lots of fun things
- I go on two wonderful trips with some sweet girls. I’m blessed to have each of them in my life.
- My other grandmother dies. I had been very close to her as well.
- We pack up our things and move from Grand Terrace, CA to Boulder, CO for me to start my PhD
- For the first time in our lives, Husband and I spend Thanksgiving and Christmas away from our families
- Our dearest friends from CA come out for Thanksgiving though and that helps
Some historical tidbits from Wikipedia, so who knows if they’re right. Historical Facts:
- Prince William got married. I could have cared less. Didn’t know it was happening until social media alerted me to the event.
- Announcement that Osama Bin Laden was killed on my birthday this year.
- Occupy movement
- #1 movie at the box office: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II
- Oscar for best picture: The Artist
- Billboard’s #1 song: Rolling in the Deep–Adele
- Grammy Song of the year: Need You Now–Lady Antebellum