Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I turn 25 years old
- I go to Rwanda with a team of teachers from CBU
- Our team takes a few days in London on the way
- I make some very close friends on this trip. Several remain good friends of mine now
- We do “Feed the muscle burn the fat” where we eat every three hours or some such thing. It was rough!
Some historical tidbits from Wikipedia, so who knows if they’re right. Historical Facts:
- Somalian pirates
- #1 movie at the box office: The Dark Knight
- Oscar for best picture: Slumdog Millionaire (Both of these are great!)
- Billboard’s #1 song: Low–Flo Rida
- Grammy Song of the year: Rehab–Amy Winehouse