Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I turn 22 years old
- I graduate from college. CBU gives me the Math/Science award, the English award, and Senior of the year award
- I immediately start my Master’s degree and teaching credential
- I get offered a full-time teaching job two weeks after graduation. I start a wonderful teaching career that lasts 6 years at Arizona Middle School. I worked with some amazing people there.
- I get engaged to Husband March 14 at the California Science Center. We were supposed to get engaged at The Getty because that’s the place we both feel like God told us (separately) we were supposed to get married, but it was a Monday and they were closed. We get engaged in the parking lot because I complained about being cold outside in this beautiful display at the Science Center. In hindsight, it fits us much better. I will always have a special place in my heart for both The Getty and the CA Science Center.
- I meet the woman who now gets the title “bestie” (even though I hate that word). We don’t become friends for a couple of years yet, but this is the year we meet for the first time.
- I leave the church of my childhood so that husband and I can be fully committed to “our” church.
- This is the year that I really start growing into my own from everything I had been taught in my childhood. I really start to think about the world in new ways. It’s really been a continuing process from about this year to the present.
- Husband and I go to our first concert together (John Mayer)
Some historical tidbits from Wikipedia, so who knows if they’re right. Historical Facts:
- George W. Bush begins his second term as President. In hindsight, I disagree with several of my voting choices in this election.
- YouTube is founded (Again, am surprised how recently this occurred)
- Hurricane Katrina
- Rosa Parks dies
- #1 movie at the box office: Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire (We did a midnight showing for this. Teaching that Friday was great)
- Oscar for best picture: Crash
- Billboard’s #1 song: We Belong Together–Mariah Carey
- Grammy Song of the year: Daughters–John Mayer