Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I turn 21 years old–Husband (and all his friends) are 5 years older than me. We went out at midnight to celebrate. I had a drink at Friday’s. I’m pretty wild. lol Other than a sip of champagne at a wedding a few months prior, this was the first alcoholic drink I had ever.
- Still taking lots of classes, leading the youth group, and going to two churches. I quit speech team this year because of too many other units.
- My widowed grandmother decides to take me on my college graduation trip a year early. We go on a cruise to the Caribbean. She died suddenly and unexpectantly just a couple of months later. I find out while I’m in Colorado visiting my college roommate.
Some historical tidbits from Wikipedia, so who knows if they’re right. Historical Facts:
- Facebook launches–I totally thought it was earlier than this. I didn’t join right away because I didn’t think I had time. Since joining have thought seriously about quitting multiple times.
- Tsunami in Southeast Asia
- #1 movie at the box office: Shrek 2 (Really?)
- Oscar for best picture: Million Dollar Baby
- Billboard’s #1 song: Yeah!–Usher
- Grammy Song of the year: Dance with my Father–Luther Vandross