Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I turn 18 years old
- I graduate from high school in the top 3 or something–We didn’t have a valedictorian
- I start college at CBU. I took 15 units this first semester. First and only time I didn’t overload.
- I start officially dating Husband in January of this year
- Husband, best friend, and I take a class at the local communit college this summer…pretty much just ’cause for me
- I star in my school play
- Choir tour to Europe. My dad comes as a chaperone. It was a great trip. 3 out of my 4 closest friends go on the trip. We tried to get the 4th one in, but she’s not much of a singer.
- Husband-then-boyfriend and I start going to Sandals Church together Sunday evenings. I continue going to old church in the mornings as I’m still pretty involved there with music ministry and discipling two of the girls in the youth group.
- High school best friend goes to UCR, so we’re still close and spend lots of time together.
- Best friend’s family, me and widowed grandma go on a great vacation to Hawaii together as a graduation gift from our families. It was such a sweet friendship trip.
- Meet sweet college roommate who still remains a pretty good friend. Will be seeing her the day before I turn 30 in SF!
Some historical tidbits from Wikipedia, so who knows if they’re right. Historical Facts:
- 9/11 terrorist attack. I had Spanish that morning and went to class following watching the news of the second tower.
- #1 movie at the box office: Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (I was super behind on these and didn’t read them until the following summer)
- Oscar for best picture: Beautiful Mind
- Billboard’s #1 song: Hanging by a Moment–Lifehouse (Another song I definitely associate with the early years of me and Husband)
- Grammy Song of the year: Beautiful Day–U2 (I totally thought this song was older than that)