Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I turn 17 years old
- I break up with long-term boyfriend for good. I decide I’m not interested in dating any of the boys I know and will wait until college to seriously date again….little did I know…
- There are several non-serious dates this year that are just fun and good.
- I make some really close friends. There are five of us who are very close for the rest of high school. I still talk to all of them on occasion.
- I am part of a team from my school that travels to lead worship and speak at chapel for various schools in the area as well as travel to Michigan to lead week of prayer for a school there. I play the piano for that worship band, lead worship, and speak on occasion.
- This is also the year I quit playing the piano after something like 12 years of playing.
- I work at a restaurant for about a semester.
- Choir tour to Hawaii.
- I play a fairly major part in our school musical.
- I take Honors Chemistry and become good friends with the teacher and his wife. They are also who put on the school plays. They are still good friends of mine.
- Man who is now my husband comes to see me perform in this play. Little did I know where we would end up.
- I get involved with a Bible study before school where I’m able to have lots of good conversations with people regarding interdenominational differences.
- Still involved in all my church activities.
Some historical tidbits from Wikipedia, so who knows if they’re right. Historical Facts:
- Bush vs. Gore election debacle
- #1 movie at the box office: Mission Impossible II
- Oscar for best picture: Gladiator
- Billboard’s #1 song: Breathe–Faith Hill (Totally a song I associate with the early days of relationships with Husband)
- Grammy Song of the year: Smoothe–Santana