Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I turn 16 years old and my parents buy me my first car–Toyota Corolla
- Random memory–Star Wars: Episode I comes out, but I had not watched any of the other Star Wars movies. I watch all three of them by myself one weekend.
- I distinctly remember coming home from school one day and watching the news about the Columbine shooting for hours after school.
- I’m fairly certain this is the first year I speak at chapel for my high school.
- I work on-campus as a TA for my former 6th-grade teacher as well as my 8th-grade Algebra teacher. Later I TA for my Sophomore English teacher and my high school PE coach.
- Somewhere in here serious boyfriend and I are on a break, and I start sort of seeing someone else. It’s short-lived before I get back with serious boyfriend.
- I get into my first car accident driving back from lunch off-campus.
- Choir tour to Las Vegas. I have no significant memories from this trip.
- I’m still super involved in church. I remember going to see American Beauty in the theater. I didn’t know anything about it and just followed my friends. They were all terribly concerned I was super offended. This was a really sheltered time in my life.
Some historical tidbits from Wikipedia, so who knows if they’re right. Historical Facts:
- Kosovo War
- Columbine Shooting
- Napster comes out
- #1 movie at the box office: Star Wars: Episode 1 The Phantom Menace
- Oscar for best picture: American Beauty
- Billboard’s #1 song: Believe–Cher
- Grammy Song of the year: My Heart Will Go On–Celine Dionne