Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I turn 14 years old
- My science fair project is to track comet Hale-Bopp
- The church we’d gone to for most of my childhood closes and re-opens its doors as a new church plant. This is the beginning of a period of me being really involved in church. We start a youth group, and there are several adults who mentor me over the next several years. I credit much of who I am today to Cheryl, John, Paul, Kathy, Diane, Sandy, Jan, Richard, & Karen.
- I started teaching 5th & 6th-grade Sunday School somewhere around in here.
- I finish 8th-grade and “graduate”.
- My grandmother (widowed the year before) took me on a cruise to Mexico as my 8th-grade graduation present. I know. It was a big gift, but I think she was particularly sad to have lost her traveling partner.
- First kiss & first sort of boyfriend this summer. We were an odd couple, but he was super great. I loved his family.
Some historical tidbits from Wikipedia, so who knows if they’re right. Historical Facts:
- Clinton begins his second term
- Heaven’s Gate mass suicides
- Princess Diana dies
- Mother Teresa dies
- #1 movie at the box office: Titanic
- Oscar for best picture: Titanic
- Billboard’s #1 song: Candle in the Wind (Elton John)
- Grammy Song of the year: Change the World (Eric Clapton)