Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I turn 13 years old–my parents forgot on my actual birthday, but I had a big birthday party that was lots of fun. I still have some jewelry one of my dear friends from my old Montessori school gave me as a gift that year.
- Junior high–not a super great time. Your typical friend upsets.
- Some notable moments with sexual harassment and racism during this year.
- Became more and more involved in church and Christian club at school
- My 4th-grade teacher died. Many of us attended the funeral.
- A great most embarrassing moment: Singing “We are the World” in the talent show with two friends—poorly. Three part harmony was hard!
- My grandpa died suddenly. It was really hard. I spent a lot of time visiting with them.
- I played JV girls’ basketball. This was the beginning of me losing some of the weight.
- My parents pay for me to go on an educational tour of France that summer. It was the first time I went off and traveled anywhere without them.
Some historical tidbits from Wikipedia, so who knows if they’re right. Historical Facts:
- #1 movie at the box office: Independence Day (I remember watching this at a birthday party)
- Oscar for best picture: The English Patient (This is the first Oscar’s award show I remember watching)
- Billboard’s #1 song: Gangsta’s Paradise–Coolio (I LOVE this song)
- Grammy Song of the year: Kiss from a Rose–Seal (LOVE this one too)