Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I turn 12 years old
- My 6th-grade teacher is amazing and becomes friends with our family. I babysat her kids in later years and worked for her while in high school.
- My teacher was pregnant in this year. Once she fell asleep while reading to us, and we all just laid around quietly to get out of work.
- First time couples’ skating with Bjorn Gunnarson.
- First time going to a movie with a group of guys and girls. My friend, Diana, and I never told our parents.
Some historical tidbits from Wikipedia, so who knows if they’re right. Historical Facts:
- Yahoo is founded
- Oklahoma City Bombing
- DVD comes out
- ebay is founded
- Million Man March
- #1 movie at the box office: Die Hard with Avengeance
- Oscar for best picture: Braveheart
- Billboard’s #1 song: Gangsta’s Paradise–Coolio (I LOVE this song)
- Grammy Song of the year: Kiss from a Rose–Seal (LOVE this one too)