Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I turn 11 years old
- My 5th-grade teacher is amazing and babysits me a time or two
- I have my first crush, Derek
- My family goes on vacation to Australia & New Zealand. I meet my pen pal of several years while we’re there.
- I make my second best friend, Diana
- I meet Michelle Kwan
- The weight situation continues
Some historical tidbits from Wikipedia, so who knows if they’re right. Historical Facts:
- Rwandan Genocide
- Nelson Mandela becomes President of South Africa
- OJ Simpson trial (I specifically remember watching the high speed chase on the news while on vacation at my grandparents’ house in Missouri)
- #1 movie at the box office: The Lion King (I miss these days of Disney musicals)
- Oscar for best picture: Forrest Gump
- Billboard’s #1 song: The Sign–Ace of Base (My second ever tape cassette behind Boyz II Men)
- Grammy Song of the year: A Whole New World–Peabo Bryson & Regina Belle