Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I turn 10 years old
- I finish 4th grade at Loma Linda Elementary
- My mom has a second bout with cancer. God uses this to draw me to Himself and saves me. My life is pretty much defined by this from this time on. I begin and remain fairly involved in church from this year until now.
- I got my color card pulled once in 4th-grade. This is the one time I ever got in trouble in school.
- I start gaining lots of weight. At this point I assume related to stress and my mom’s cancer.
Some historical tidbits from Wikipedia, so who knows if they’re right. Historical Facts:
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine premiers. This is the last Star Trek show my dad and I watch together.
- Bill Clinton becomes President
- Janet Reno becomes the first female Attorney General
- Branch Davidian incident in Waco, Texas
- Clinton enacts NAFTA and Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell
- #1 movie at the box office: Jurassic Park
- Oscar for best picture: Schinderl’s List
- Billboard’s #1 song:I Will ALways Love You–Whitney Houston
- Grammy Song of the year: Tears in Heaven–Eric Clapton & Will Jennings