Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I turn 4 years old
- I start my first year of school at Montessori school in Redlands, CA. Montessori schools had really good reputations in the Philippines, so my mom felt strongly about sending me to one.
- I was a Daisy (junior, junior Girl Scout)
- I make my first best friends, Erin, Nick, and Jason
Some historical tidbits from Wikipedia, so who knows if they’re right.
- Iran-Contra Affair is still going on
- Star Trek: The Next Generation premiers (apparently I see this as a significant historical fact)
- Windows 2.0 comes out
- #1 movie at the box office: Three Men and a Baby
- Oscar for best picture: The Last Emporer
- Billboard’s #1 song: Walk like an Egyptian–The Bangles
- Grammy Song of the year: That’s What Friends are For–Dionne & Friends