Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I turn 1 year old and have my first and only “big” birthday party at a restaurant.
- I’m sure I did some newborn stuff like smile and crawl or something, but I don’t know.
- I’m still pretty blobby, so still nothing much to report.
Some historical tidbits from Wikipedia, so who knows if they’re right.
- Macs are sold for the first time
- Ronald Reagan is reelected President
- Soviet Union boycotts the Summer Olympics in LA
- Half a million people in Manila demonstrate against Ferdinand Marcos
- Cesar Chavez delivers his speech, “What The Future Holds For Farm Workers And Hispanics”
- #1 movie at the box office: Ghostbusters
- Oscar for best picture: Amadeus
- Billboard’s #1 song: When Doves Cry–Prince
- Grammy Song of the year: Every Breath You Take–The Police