Countdown to my 30th birthday. A new post each day in April to chronicle at least one significant thing from each year I’ve been alive.
- I’m born, Jessica Lynn Miller, at Loma Linda University Medical Center in Loma Linda, CA to Rose & Scott Miller.
- If I had been a boy, my dad wanted to name me James Tiberius after this guy.
- That’s all I got. Not a whole lot to report when you’re first born.
Some historical tidbits from Wikipedia, so who knows if they’re right.
- Sally Ride becomes the first woman in space
- The Cold War is going on
- Ronald Reagan is President
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day becomes a legal holiday
- #1 movie at the box office: Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Oscar for best picture: Terms of Endearment
- Billboard’s #1 song: Every Breath You Take–The Police
- Grammy Song of the year: Always on My Mind–Willie Nelson